I made this cake today. It was quite yum, but for some reason it didn't rise like a normal cake should. I suspect it was a problem with the oven settings.
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 125 g butter, melted
For the sauce:
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 150 g dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar, mix. Add in the cocoa, butter, flour and baking powder, and mix. Add in half of the walnuts, and mix.
3. Rub some butter in a cake baking tin, and empty the cake batter into it.
4. Place cake into the oven for around 40 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake, it could be done at any minute!
5. Once the cake has come out of the oven, it's time to prepare the sauce. Pour the cream and chocolate into a saucepan and stir on medium heat until chocolate has melted and a nice chocolate sauce is formed.
6. Pour sauce over cake.
7. When serving, you may decorate the plate with chocolate sauce, and sprinkle walnuts on top.